Sunday, June 19, 2016

THE SPRING BEAUTY FAVORITES

With Spring now officially upon us, it is about time I do another beauty favorites update. Seeing as the temperatures are somehow still stuck in the middle of Winter, I haven’t given my skincare and makeup routine a huge overhaul. I usually switch to lighter creams and tinted moisturizes in the warmer months, but for now I’m still really happy with what I’ve got going.
The items I’m sharing with you today are not necessarily new and a few of them have followed me throughout the winter; some I have fallen back in love with…I might do a proper skincare routine later this month or in April.

The product I wear most on my lips is a lip balm (Baume de Rose to be exact), but with the days being generally slightly warmer and sunnier, I feel that dabbing on a bit of lip gloss can really elevate my overall look. Even on days when I’m not wearing any makeup, I’ll still wear a bit of this lip gloss as it gives my lips a nice color and finish. These lip glosses come in a variety of colors and for the price, the quality is really good.

Jo Malone Mimosa & Cardamom Cologne
I have been a long time lover of Jo Malone scents. Over the past few years my go-to cologne was Vanilla & Anise, which has now sadly been discontinued. I tried hunting down leftover stock everywhere from airport shops to outlets, but after I checked the Flagship Store on Regent Street and they didn’t have any left, I gave up and found myself a new signature scent. Their Mimosa & Cardamom scent is a fusion of floral and spicy notes and is very warm, but not sickly sweet. A perfect Spring scent!
Nars Sheer Glow
I bought my first bottle of Sheer Glow last Spring after feeling that my skin could use some oomph. My face gets quite pale in the winter and because I sadly don’t spend as much time outdoors as I’d like to, the paleness just continues into the Spring and Summer. I don’t slap on a huge amount of foundation, but I do like having a little something that will make my skin look more alive. Combined with a bronzer (see below), this foundation is the perfect product for me.
Aesop Resurrection Aromatique Hand Balm
In an ideal world I’d have one of those ‘pinterest bathrooms‘ that are super neat and tidy, smell of Diptyque candles and have Aesop products scattered all over the room. Sadly, that is not (yet) the case. I do however really like Aesop products and swear by their hand balm. My hands tend to become very dry in the colder months, and even though we are slowly approaching April, it’s still quite cold out, which isn’t ideal for my hands. I keep this cream in my hand bag and on my night stand. I’m not the best at remembering to moisturize my hands, but it makes it easier when you are using products that smell amazing and actually work!
Hourlgass Ambient Lighting Palette
I have had this product for a few years now, and I can’t stop using it. It’s practically an all in one product that includes a powder, bronzer and highlighter, and is therefore really convenient for traveling. I use this is combination with the Nars Sheer Glow foundation most days, but even when I’m only wearing a moisturizer or tinted moisturizer adding a dusting of bronzer and highlighter adds a lot of definition to my face and gives it a nice, healthy glow.

0 comments

Post a Comment